Cleaning/Demolition – Technical Services
NOM Consultancy Services Inc. was contracted by SNC Lavalin Inc. to supply Technical Services Consultants for the Cleaning and Demolition portion of the Rio Tinto Alcan
modernization project in Kitimat, BC.
- Develop and implement a material sampling program in order to asses the level of contamination in the work areas.
- Use the information generated by sampling program to ensure proper cleaning procedures are maintained by the contractors.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all tasks required to technically oversee the Cleaning and Demolition Contractors during the cleaning phase of the work.
- Ensure the cleaning criteria and specifications are followed by the contractors and in regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that all wastes and materials are handled, packaged, shipped and treated as per the required criteria.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all tasks required to technically oversee the C&D Contractor during the demolition phase of the work.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all tasks required to technically oversee the C&D Contractors during waste collection, packaging and disposal (provide waste traceability for recyclables, hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, asbestos as per BC Ministry of Environment and Federal waste classification and Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG).
- Develop and implement a chain of custody procedure for all waste streams generated by the C&D Contractors.
- Conduct all inspections of the work and work areas to ensure the C&D Contractors are complying with scope specifications and regulatory compliance throughout the work activities.